Our students, age 6 – 13, pour in for Hebrew School. Friendships strengthen each year as the kids learn, sing, and play together.
BAJC Congregation Shir Heharim strives to make a Jewish connection with each child’s spiritual, intellectual, and emotional needs. We attempt to give each child a solid foundation of Jewish knowledge within a Reform Jewish perspective, the opportunity to develop their personal beliefs and connections to their faith, and the understanding that Jewish teachings and values can apply to every aspect of their daily life.
- Jews who affirm their Jewish identity and bind themselves inseparably to their people by word and deed.
- Jews who bear witness to the berit, the covenant between God and the Jewish people through the practice of mitzvot, commandments as studied in the Torah and the classic Jewish literature it has generated and interpreted in light of historic development and contemporary liberal thought.
- Jews who affirm their historic bond to Eretz Yisrael, the land of Israel.
- Jews who cherish and study Hebrew, the language of the Jewish people.
- Jews who value and practice tefilah (prayer)
- Jews who further the causes of justice, freedom, and peace by pursuing tzedek (righteousness), mishpat (justice), and chesed (loving deeds).
- Jews who celebrate Shabbat and the festivals and observe the Jewish ceremonies that mark the significant occasions in their lives.
- Jews who esteem their own person and the person of others; their own family and the family of others their own community and the community of others.
- Jews who express kinship with K’lal Yisrael by actively seeking the welfare of Jews throughout the world.
- Jews who support and participate in the life of the synagogue.
For more information please contact Diane email: firstname.lastname@example.org or (802)490-2965
You can access the Hebrew School Registration form by clicking here