Hebrew School is now on Sundays!
(See the full school schedule at the bottom of this page)
BAJC comes alive throughout the school year as our students, age 6 - 13, pour in for Hebrew School. Friendships strengthen each year as the kids learn, sing, and play together.
BAJC Congregation Shir Heharim strives to make a Jewish connection with each child’s spiritual, intellectual, and emotional needs. We attempt to give each child a solid foundation of Jewish knowledge within a Reform Jewish perspective, the opportunity to develop their personal beliefs and connections to their faith, and the understanding that Jewish teachings and values can apply to every aspect of their daily life.
- Jews who affirm their Jewish identity and bind themselves inseparably to their people by word and deed.
- Jews who bear witness to the berit, the covenant between God and the Jewish people through the practice of mitzvot, commandments as studied in the Torah and the classic Jewish literature it has generated and interpreted in light of historic development and contemporary liberal thought.
- Jews who affirm their historic bond to Eretz Yisrael, the land of Israel.
- Jews who cherish and study Hebrew, the language of the Jewish people.
- Jews who value and practice tefilah (prayer)
- Jews who further the causes of justice, freedom, and peace by pursuing tzedek (righteousness), mishpat (justice), and chesed (loving deeds).
- Jews who celebrate Shabbat and the festivals and observe the Jewish ceremonies that mark the significant occasions in their lives.
- Jews who esteem their own person and the person of others; their own family and the family of others their own community and the community of others.
- Jews who express kinship with K'lal Yisrael by actively seeking the welfare of Jews throughout the world.
- Jews who support and participate in the life of the synagogue.
You can access the Hebrew School Registration form by clicking here
2016-2017/5776-5777 Hebrew School Calendar
September 11 (First Day)
September 25 (Announced Fire Drill)
October 16 (Sukkot Celebration)
October 23 (Celebrate Shmini Atzeret,
Yizkor Service following school)
(BAJC Chanukah Party on the 23rd)
January 8 (Winter Progress reports due)
February 12 (Tu B’Shevat Celebration)
March 12 (Purim Celebration)
April 9 (School Passover Seder)
April 23 (day before Yom Hashoah)
April 30 (Day before Yom Hazikaron & Yom Ha’atzmaut)
**unannounced fire drill
May 21 (Spring Progress Reports Due)
June 4 (Last day of school)
June 11 (Last day if we had a snow day)