Brattleboro Area Jewish Community
Congregation Shir He Harim (Song of the Mountains) Job Posting:
Communications and Operations Manager — Part-time
10 flexible hours per week at $20/hour
Work from home, using own office equipment, or on site, as employee/supervisor deems appropriate. Reports to BAJC Board President and Treasurer.
The BAJC’s Congregation Shir He Harim (Song of the Mountains), located on a 3-acre ‘campus’ in West Brattleboro, Vermont, seeks an experienced, task-oriented, organized self-starter / time manager to assist in managing the operations of this dynamic, 100- member synagogue in the Reform tradition (which represents a wide spectrum of religious practice.)
We provide a Jewish community center, Shabbat and holiday services, a Hebrew School, cultural events, social events, holiday observances, memorial services, a cemetery, a monthly newsletter, a website, and more. We practice and celebrate Judaism with creativity. We have a commitment to maintaining a strong connection to the other faith-based organizations in the region and to projects that help grow a better world. We are more than a synagogue. We are a community.
The 10-hour a week position, with flexible hours and ability to work remotely as well as in-person, will be responsible for publishing all of our communications in newsletters, website, email messages to membership, press releases, social media and more. This position is also responsible for managing organizational systems and administrative tasks (files, data bases, calendars, copies, office and building supplies).
We would prefer the right person to have ….
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with various office technologies: computer admin programs: Word, Excel, Google Suite, MS Word, etc.
- Experience and proficiency in graphic design
- Proficiency with various social media platforms: Mailchimp, Facebook, websites, etc.
- Ability to develop best practice marketing initiatives
- Ability to organize effective and efficient systems and procedures
- Ability to anticipate operational needs and creatively solve problems
- Strong interpersonal / customer service skills
For more information about BAJC and its congregation see bajcvermont.org. Please direct questions and, if interested, your resume and cover letter to Andi Waisman at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
BAJC is an E.O.E. An understanding of Jewish life and the Jewish calendar will be considered a plus.